by The Morning Pulse
401(a)/(k)/403(b)/457(b) RETIREMENT PLANS
- Plan Sponsors Moving to Retirement Income Mindset
- DC Plans Focus on Streamlining Investments
- DCIO market consolidating, maturing
- Retirees Suffer as 401(k) Rollover Boom Enriches Brokers
- Moving Just to Avoid Taking 401(k) Tax Hit
- Need Retirement Income? Here’s the Hottest Thing Out There
- Talking to the Generations: Targeting Effective DC Plan Communication
DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLANS
- Methodist Pension Divestment Protests Israeli Occupation
- Legislators Should Look To Oklahoma To Address Pension Change ‘Transition Costs’
- Pension groups strike back at SEC commissioner’s criticism
- Fort Worth pension unfunded liability hits $1.12 billion
- Japan Looks to Trim Pension Payouts, Whether Prices Rise or Fall
- Set retirement is better for workers than 401(k)
- Are States Migrating from Traditional Pensions? A State-By-State Review
MACRO ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- IMF lowers U.S. growth forecast, warns about interest rates
- Wall Street predicts Iraq fighting will boost oil prices
- Wall Street to dissect Fed announcement for rate hints
- Slow-growing states and the one factor they have in common
- Bond market continues to be lethargic
- Fed considers imposing exit fees on bond funds
- UK and US inflation will exceed two per cent in five years’ time, say investment professionals
- Investors add USD23.4bn to long-term mutual funds
- Interest Rates and Economic Growth: Are They Related?
- Equity Funds Experienced Outflows in May
NON TRADITIONAL INVESTMENTS
- Investor due diligence has tightened hedge fund operational controls
- The next operational hurdle for hedge funds – collateral management
- Hedge Funds for Everyone?
- Hedge Funds Exploit Macroeconomic Conditions
- Hedge Funds, FoFs Make Gains In May
- Michael Lewis Blasts Hedge Fund Self Absorption
- Senate’s Wyden Asks IRS About Hedge-Fund Tax Strategy
- The Tradeoff Between Health and Wealth in Retirement Decisions
- Movement toward exchanges faster than anticipated
- One-quarter of the exchange plan enrollees may have application problems
- How Healthcare Can Fix Patient Engagement
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.
Interested in joining in on the discussion? Would you like access to previous editions of The Morning Pulse? Then join The Morning Pulse Linkedin group.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jeffrey has held a wide range of senior positions within the United States defined contribution retirement industry. His experience is as broad as it is deep and he has worked with many of the industry’s top firms to provide guidance and solutions to employers throughout all sectors of the economy.
Considered an “industry insider” and an independent voice, Jeffrey is often sought out for his opinion on a wide range of industry topics speaking at industry conferences and web events. Most recently, Jeffrey was a panelist for Pension and Investments’ 2013 Public Funds DC Summit and the moderator for Bloomberg’s “Ahead of the Curve: The Latest Trends of Defined Contribution Retirement Plans”. He has also been quoted in industry periodicals and has written countless articles. He recently authored “A Bid for Change: Using the Competitive Process to Transform Your DC Retirement Program”, Optimizing Public Pension Systems: A Call for a Plan of Action for Public Defined Contribution Plan Sponsors and Eight Hot Topics for Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Sponsors which were picked up by the National media.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE