by The Morning Pulse
June 24, 2014
401(a)/(k)/403(b)/457(b) RETIREMENT PLANS
- “Out” Takes
- Unbundled TDFs Attract Plan Sponsor Attention
- Defined Contribution Plan Predictions
- Managers, consultants see bright future for collective plans
- Heat is rising on financial firms’ use of own strategies in their401(k) plans
- 401(k) becomes America’s new piggy bank
- Should you drain your 401(k) to start a business?
- 401(K) Predators Hunt Down Vulnerable Retirees
- DOL fee-disclosure guide upsetting DC record keepers
- Labor Department proposal all about location
DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLANS
- Pension report says longer lifespan means a shortfall is coming in state pensionplans
- Detroit may lead the way in transparent, realistic public-employee benefits
- NJ Public Pension Fund to Take Governor to Court
- Pension Liabilities, Deficits Increase in May
- Pension plan recovery faster in Canada than in US
- Is it time for public plans to embrace an LDI approach?
- Public-private plans fill pension gap
MACRO ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Insider trading common, but punishment is rare
- Stagnant U.S. wages undermine housing recovery
- Eye On The Market Broadcast: Household Incomes And Inflation
- Inflation Fears And The Fed
- SEC’s White wants transparency in fixed-income pricing
- Regulators, execs discuss market fragmentation, manipulation
NON TRADITIONAL INVESTMENTS
- Threat of rising rates shifts all eyes to yield
- State Investors to Boost Alternative Investments
- Which alternatives? Well, that depends
- How interest rate rise affects Reits
- Why hedge funds are under attack by cyber-criminals
- Best days of private equity firms could lie in the past
- Unprotected investors accept bigger gambles on private equity
- Tying the knot? Test your financial future first
- An algorithm that decides who deserves to inherit your wealth
- What if the PPACA plan tax credit is wrong?
- Recent record breaking HIPAA fines low compared to what’s coming
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.
Interested in joining in on the discussion? Would you like access to previous editions of The Morning Pulse? Then join The Morning Pulse Linkedin group.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jeffrey has held a wide range of senior positions within the United States defined contribution retirement industry. His experience is as broad as it is deep and he has worked with many of the industry’s top firms to provide guidance and solutions to employers throughout all sectors of the economy.
Considered an “industry insider” and an independent voice, Jeffrey is often sought out for his opinion on a wide range of industry topics speaking at industry conferences and web events. Most recently, Jeffrey was a panelist for Pension and Investments’ 2013 Public Funds DC Summit and the moderator for Bloomberg’s “Ahead of the Curve: The Latest Trends of Defined Contribution Retirement Plans”. He has also been quoted in industry periodicals and has written countless articles. He recently authored “A Bid for Change: Using the Competitive Process to Transform Your DC Retirement Program”, Optimizing Public Pension Systems: A Call for a Plan of Action for Public Defined Contribution Plan Sponsors and Eight Hot Topics for Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Sponsors which were picked up by the National media.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE