by The Morning Pulse
August 19, 2014
401(a)/(k)/403(b)/457(b) RETIREMENT PLANS
- How the Government Views Retirement Plan Tax Deferrals
- A third of people have nothing saved for retirement
- Why retiring is tougher now
- Some target-date funds are boosting equities
- Hedge Funds in Your 401(k): Do They Fit?
- Embracing Social Media and Mobile Technology in 401(k) Communications
DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLANS
- Kodak bucks trend and enhances pension plan while eliminating 401(k) match
- North Carolina revs up internal management
- Do You Need a Transition Manager?
- Unlike Russia, the US Government Won’t Take Your Pension Outright
- Annapolis sues police, fire retirees in pension dispute
- Impact of pension changes locally
- Social Security marks 79th birthday with declining service
MACRO ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Economists dial back U.S. growth outlook for 2014
- Economists worry Fed may hold off too long on raising rates
- Economists foresee higher Q3 GDP growth
- Fixed-income fire-sale concerns overblown
- Investors turn to CDS as high-yield-bond liquidity dries up
- IPO surge linked to law aimed at smaller firms
- Higher-paying jobs return to U.S. labor market
- Pace of U.S. factory output hits 5-month high
- Backlog of job seekers seen holding down U.S. wages
- Is the World Getting Riskier?
NON TRADITIONAL INVESTMENTS
- Hedge fund investing strong in 2014
- Alternative investments still not fully de-stigmatized
- Do Hedge Funds Create Sustainable Company Growth?
- Some perceive warning signs in secondaries
- A long shadow on REIT pricing
- Distributions from private real estate funds hit record
- Health care may tarnish golden years, baby boomers fear
- Are Pharmacy Discount Cards Still Relevant?
- After PPACA
- Health Insurance Benefits – Can You Have It Your Way?
- Wyoming covers most of state employee health care costs
- Consumers Driving Health Care Innovation
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.