by The Morning Pulse
September 9, 2014
401(a)/(k)/403(b)/457(b) RETIREMENT PLANS
- Finding the Right 401(k) Match
- Despite Curve Balls, Most Retirees Manage on Income Less Than Pre-Retirement Earnings
- Do Required Minimum Distributions Matter? The Effect of the 2009 Holiday on Retirement Plan Distributions
- Finding the Right Recordkeeper
- Retirement Healthcare Costs: Do You Understand the Risks?
- Standard & Poor’s backs lifetime annuities
DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLANS
- Rating Agencies Deal Fresh Blows to New Jersey, Illinois
- A Few Industries Retaining DB Plans
- Detroit Consultant Says Worker Savings Accounts Drained Pensions
- Pa. state worker pensions set ‘arbitrarily’
- Pension Fund Draws Deep Divisions in RI Governor’s Race
- How Does Investment Return Affect Pension Cost?
- Greensburg police pension liability will rise once again in 2015
- Mortality Tables Impact Depends on Plan Demographics
MACRO ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Have Markets Become More Dovish Than the Fed?
- U.S. competitiveness hurt by tax code, educational and political systems
- SEC develops mutual fund rules for more disclosure
- Rethinking Risk and Return in Equity Portfolios
- U.S. job addition totaled 142,000 in Aug.
NON TRADITIONAL INVESTMENTS
- Retail hedge funds to raise $49 bln in next 12 months
- First-time Private Equity Funds Seek to Stand Out
- Private equity deals breaching debt guidelines
- Emerging markets-focused hedge funds outperform in July
- Liquid alternative investments growing fast
- Industry-Wide Annuity Sales at Highest Level in Three Years
- Commercial real estate a popular retirement choice
- Now’s the Time to Help Clients Plan for Health Care Costs
- PPACA exchange tackles commission pay problems
- Controlling Health Care Costs Through Limited Network Insurance Plans: Evidence from Massachusetts State Employees
- Hospital Administrative Costs in Eight Nations: U.S. Costs Exceed All Others by Far
- Congress returns to new HealthCare.gov worries
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.