January 21, 2015
by The Morning Pulse
January 21, 2015
401(k) STYLE RETIREMENT PLANS
- Views of Americans on Defined Contribution Plan Saving
- President’s Retirement Proposals Send Mixed Message
- Oregon Task Force Recommends Creation of Retirement Plan
- Advisors Say Biggest Retirement Policy Misperception: 401(k) Deferrals
- ERISA’s Liability Timelines
- Is My Target Date Fund Layering On Extra Fees?
- Third Time a Charm for DOL’s Fiduciary Definition Rule?What’s the Most Likely Outcome of the Fiduciary Reproposal?Consider health care costs when planning for retirement
- Overcoming Benefit Reductions
- It’s Been a Year. Where’s Obama’s IRA for Everyone?
- Saving for retirement: How much do you really need?
- How Did New Jersey Get Into This Pension Mess?
- Municipal pensions underfunded by billions
- More DB Funding Relief Guidance Issued
ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- IMF revises global growth prediction downward to 3.5%
- Fund Flows Flat for December, $402B for Year
- Raising the gas tax isn’t about politics, it’s about economics
- Portfolio Maintenance in Volatile Markets
- World’s richest 1% to own 50% of all wealth by 2016
- Money managers reportedly to start dark pool
- Rising trading costs seen affecting investment strategies
NON TRADITIONAL INVESTMENTS
- SEC prioritizes market risks for 2015, will continue to review private equity fees
- Wall Street’s Biggest Hedge Funds Are Losing Billions on Energy
- CalPERS Intends to Reduce Private Equity Managers
- Largest hedge fund closes after losing all its money
- Maxing Out a 401(k) is Not Always a Client’s Best Bet
- How Does Aging Affect Financial Decision Making?
- Why Your Employer May Be Your Best Financial Adviser
- Estate-plan update fees may be deductible
- The Best Online Tools for Retirement Planning and Living
- Flat fee for service ‘new normal’
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.