July 21, 2015
by The Morning Pulse
401(k) STYLE RETIREMENT PLANS
- Could Employers Be Hobbling Retirement Savings Progress?
- Clarity on state-run private-sector retirement savings programs by year’s end
- Multi-Manager Target Date Funds: The Future or a Pipedream?
- Expect at Least $1T Demand for Custom Investments
- ‘Significant Unintended Consequences’ Cited in Fiduciary ProposalLabor’s fiduciary proposal is confusing
- The Many Faces of Fiduciary Outsourcing: ERISA Sections 3(16), 3(21) and 3(38)
- Christie won’t accept public employee pension payment plan without more reforms
- Can you really rely on Social Security in retirement?
- Panel looks for fixes to Teachers’ Retirement System
- Moving pension obligations to insurers is risky
- CT still lags most states in saving for public-sector pensions
- Staying the Course On W.Va. Pensions
- Mutual Funds Are Front and Center in Puerto Rico Talks
ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- U.S. consumer confidence ebbs
- Central banks prepare to move on monetary policy
- Slow student-loan repayments seen roiling bond markets
- Wall Street worries just a bit of inflation will shock markets
- Oil markets brace for lower prices
- Institutions bulk up their ETF exposure
NON TRADITIONAL INVESTMENTS
- Investors develop a taste for liquid alternatives
- Total global hedge fund industry capital rise to $2.97 trillion
- Hedge Funds Dump Crude Oil as Iran Deal Threatens Prolonged Glut
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.