SEPTEMBER 28, 2015
by The Morning Pulse
Staying Ahead of the Curve – Interview with Shawn Merchant | Part I of II
In this episode, Shawn Merchant, Assistant Director of the Washington State Department of Retirement System sits down with Jeff to discuss defined contribution plan transitions, the importance of collaboration to the Department, and the need to find like-minded partners that share the Organization’s goal of ensuring the successful and uninterrupted delivery of retirement services to Plan members.
401(k) STYLE RETIREMENT PLANS
- To make the most of your 401(k) plan, be sure to understand its costs
- Americans are now less likely to raid retirement savings
- Retirement confidence: How does the U.S. stack up?
- Some Funds in Your 401(k) Aren’t Really Mutual Funds After All
- Defined Contribution Plan Volatility: Timing Is Everything
- House Democrats use industry language to object to Obama’s fiduciary rule
- What’s the Prescription for a Comfortable Retirement? Survey Says It’s a Healthy 401(k)
- Near-zero interest rates putting your retirement at risk?
- How Public Pensions Are Getting Smart About Infrastructure
- Switch to 401(k)-style plans a loser for pensioners, taxpayers
- Two other employee pensions need help; both total about $1 billion in debt
- Audit first step in pension fix, legislature must ante up for it
- Retirees brace for hardship as multiemployer-pension cuts loom
- 2016 called watershed year for Scranton to fix pensions, save city
- US pensions adding stocks, selling bonds in Q3
- Major Changes Under Rhode Island Pension Overhaul
- Monitoring pension risk levels more closely now an option
- Longtime teachers’ pensions are well earned
- Retirement wealth holding steady
- Puerto Rico’s bonds overshadow pension fund poised to go broke
- Pension break for new cities in DeKalb scrutinized
- High fees hurt pension savings for millions of Europeans
- Different world for millennials, but basics of financial planningthe same
- Financial Literacy Is the New, Coveted Employer-Supplied JobBenefit
- Lawmakers defend annuities in fiduciary fight
- Age gaps complicate the retirement equation for couples
- Can the Auto-IRA Really Improve Retirement Security?
- VAs Likely to Escape Punitive Aspects of DOL Rule
- Are Robo Advisors Hurting Financial Advisors’ Growth?
- 401(k) technology brings innovation to retirement advising
- Does Hillary Clinton Have the Rx For Rising Health Costs?
- Health care increases eyed again for state workers
- How to design a health care facility—when health care keeps changing
- Could Delaying Retirement Be Great For Your Health?
ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- US final Q2 gross domestic product 3.9% vs 3.7% expected
- U.S. GDP revision lifts crude oil prices
- Second Half GDP Will Help Decide Rate Hike Timing
- Rates to start gradual increase this year, Yellen says
- US rate rise seen tipping emerging Asia into crisis
- Is A Recession Forming In The U.S.?
- Financial stability at risk from emerging-market volatility
- Bank Regulators Meet on ‘Too-Big-to-Fail’ Rule
- Smaller cities attract technology companies, jobs
- History could repeat for CMBS
- Hedge Fund Assets Dip 2.5% in August
- $1billion Plus Hedge Funds Show Strongest Average Returns
- REITs’ 15% discount points to likely increase in buyouts
- Discounts in U.S. Property Stocks Set Stage for Buyout Spree
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.