OCTOBER 2, 2015
by The Morning Pulse
Yesterday’s appearance on CNBC’s World Wide Exchange.
401(k) STYLE RETIREMENT PLANS
- How Many Government Agencies Does It Take to Regulate a Retirement Plan?
- The Unpredictability of 401(k)s
- Recordkeeper/Adviser Partners Key for Plan Success
- Alts in 401(k) plans?
- 401k Contribution Limits: Higher Than You May Think
- House panel approves bill blocking Labor’s fiduciary rule
- Fifth Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Claims Involving De-risking of Pension Assets
- New Jersey at bottom of retirement security analysis
- Would you choose a ‘terrible’ Rapid bus pension, or risk a401(k)?
- Public Pension Defenders Can’t Stand Their Ground If They Used Accurate Data
- Actuaries and pension industry oppose pension tax changes
- World’s Biggest Pension Fund Is Moving Into Junk and Emerging Bonds
- No, public pensions don’t boost economic output
- How Thinking About Retirement Shapes Your Life
- Many millennials share finances before getting married
- Advisors’ records are compliance issue
- The Benefits of Mentoring Advisers
- How much can retirees afford to spend?
- College students need additional lessons on money
- Life insurance is a tough sell for millennials
- The Market Swoon Could Make These Annuities More Popular Than Ever
- What’s the true cost of high investment fees?
- Forces Join to Fight the ACA’s ‘Cadillac Tax’
- Republicans push ACA repeal
- Healthcare’s Biggest Public Confidence Challenge: Security and Privacy
- Will mergers aid consumers?
- Why Health Care Mergers Can Be Good for Patients
- Even In Prison, Health Care Often Comes With A Copay
- Consumer Still Feeling The Pinch: The Next Big Health CareDebate
ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Initial unemployment claims rise to 277,000 but trending low
- US private sector hires 200,000 in Sept.
- Home prices rose 5% in July, S&P/Case-Shiller index shows
- Rate Jitters Scared Stock Fund Investors To Sidelines In August
- Investors turn to local-government bonds in quest for income
- Credit Managers’ Index Continues to Decline
- Investors turn back on emerging markets in Q3
- US equity-market performance in Q3 was worst in 4 years
- Central banks have little firepower left
- WTO Slashes 2015 Growth Forecast to 2.8%
- The Common Struggles of Working People
- Active funds could gain more investors in bear market
- Margin Pressures Force Managers to Think Long-Term
- Hedge Funds Looking To Exploit ETF NAV Ineffeciencies
- Hedge Funds: A Survey Of The Academic Literature
- Hedge Funds Fail – New Study Reveals Funds Are More Passive Than Active
- Hedge Fund Clustering: Q2 2015 Update
- Why Can’t Anyone Pick Good Hedge Funds?
- House Urged to Investigate Hedge Fund Role in Puerto Rico Crisis
- New data suggests private equity took a summer vacation
- US Private-Equity Mega Deals Signal More to Come Before Reset
- Raising Capital From Single-Family Offices — The Importance Of Content Marketing
- Sovereign Funds Rally Against Manager ‘Super-Profits’
- In US Home Prices, an East-West Divide
- REITs are fairly priced
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.