OCTOBER 22, 2015
by The Morning Pulse
Staying Ahead of the Curve – Interview with Peter Kapinos | Part III of III
In this episode, Peter Kapinos, Head of Client Engagement at Empower Retirement continues the conversation discussing the importance of plan transitions/implementations to ensuring employee engagement and improving retirement outcomes.
401(k) STYLE RETIREMENT PLANS
- Easier to achieve 80% salary replacement ratio through 401(k) plans
- Employees’ Health Insurance Costs Reduce Retirement Savings: Survey Says
- Nearly half of Americans are underprepared for retirement
- The 401(k) Crisis Is Getting Worse
- Is My Client Required to Have an IPS?
- Is Retirement Industry’s Focus on Costs Too Much?
- Companies increasing dollar-for-dollar 401(k) matches
- Stable value assets hit a record high of $770 billion in the US retirement market
- IRS Says 401(k) Limit to Stay $18k for 2016, Announces 2016 Pension Plan Limitations
- Labor aims to streamline fiduciary rule
- Emanuel’s property tax package for pensions clears key hurdle
- Milton Friedman’s Solution for Social Security Would Work for Government Pensions Too
- Moody’s warns of teacher pension risk to NJ school districts under Christie plan
- Lawmaker Says Central States Rescue Not Only Option
- The Over The Hill Bonus
- Generation X seeks advice and Y wants to buy online
- Many fail to plan for LTC costs
- Advisors, Consumers Need More Information on Long-Term Care Planning
- Financial wellness programs now a ‘must have’
- Is the future for robo-advisors bright or a bust?
- Retirement strategies – based on your birthday?
- Healthcare.gov officials race to fix new features before Nov. 1
- Getting Bundled Payments Right in Health Care
- Fewer companies offer extra health care benefits to top executives
- When hospitals buy doctors’ practices, patients pay
ECONOMICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- U.S. Housing Starts Rise on Multifamily Construction
- Pace of new-car sales will slow in 2016
- Liquidity-risk rules for banks increase asset prices
- Do We Need a Price Index for the Elderly?
- High payout rates jeopardize endowments, foundations
- Deposits Environment: Banks Have the Upper Hand
- Analysts see evidence of brighter 2016 for commodities
- Hedge Fund Industry Assets Decline by Most Since Financial Crisis
- Hedge fund exit requests drop in October
- Q3 reading of hedge fund performance index drops into negative territory
- Growth of global real estate assets returns to pre-crisis rate
- REITs Promise Shelter in a Stormy Market
Jeffrey H. Snyder
President & CEO
The Morning Pulse, Inc.